How budgeting can lead you to more freedom
Many people don’t love the word “budget”. It might make you think of restrictions and limits. But an effective budget is basically a plan for your money. And using a budget doesn’t mean you’re limiting yourself – it means you’re spending with a purpose, and moving towards meeting your goals.
A budget doesn’t limit your freedom — it gives you freedom! When you have a realistic budget, you have an action plan and clear picture of where your money goes. It’s part of the foundation for financial wellness.
Check out all the articles in this section to get started. Need more help? We’d love to help you create a budget at one of our branches with a Certified Financial Specialist.
Budgeting for kids & youth
Budgeting in uncertain times
- Saving on Gas, Groceries, and Utilities
- What to Do If You Experience a Drop in Income
- What to Do When You’re Struggling to Make Ends Meet
- How to Negotiate Rent
- How to Lower Car Insurance
- How to Save Money on Groceries
- Thrive in a Tough Economy
- Catch Up on Your Bills When You’re Behind
- How to Survive a Recession
- How to Make Money from Home
- Six Ways to Save on a Tight Budget