Money transfer options in Patelco Online™
Log in to Patelco Online™ and you'll discover many options for transferring money:
- Between your Patelco accounts
- From your account to another Patelco member
- Between your account and another financial institution using the MONEYLINK-24 widget
- To any other person using the POPMONEY widget.
Send or receive money to anyone via their email or mobile device
Popmoney™ lets you send money fast to any other person in the U.S. (including non-Patelco members) using their email, mobile, or bank account - no Popmoney or Patelco account needed. It’s a quick and simple alternative to cash or checks and great for things like paying the babysitter, splitting the bill at a restaurant, or making a donation.
How it works
- Popmoney™ moves money directly from your account to another person.
- It's accessed and initiated securely inside your Patelco Online™ account. (The other person doesn't need a Patelco account.)
- All you need is the recipient's email address or mobile phone number or bank account information (routing and account number).
- The recipient will receive a text or email once you send the money, and then they'll decide where the money will be deposited. (Funds sent to a bank account will be deposited directly to that account without the recipient needing to take action.)
How to set up Popmoney™
Sign up for or log in to Patelco Online™Sign up or Log In
Go to the POPMONEY widget (you may need to select the MORE widget first)
Select the Get Started button
You'll be asked to confirm your information and accept the terms of service.
Send money quickly and securely to over 60 countries around the globe
We've partnered with Xoom™, so you can send money and pay bills around the world.
Xoom™ is currently available in over 60 countries. Money can be delivered by direct bank deposit, home delivery or cash pickup.
Wire transfers help move money electronically from one account to another, and are commonly used to send funds to family or when making large purchases. Here are instructions for incoming wire transfers.
Domestic Incoming Wire Transfers
Domestic incoming wire transfers to Patelco accounts should be directed as follows:
Patelco Credit Union
5050 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, CA 94588
ABA/Routing Number: 321076470
Member's full name (as it appears on Patelco statements)
Member's full account number
International Incoming Wire Transfers
- Download the latest international incoming wire instructions
- If you have questions about an international incoming wire transfer, use the SECURE MESSAGE widget in Patelco Online™ to send us a secure email. Or call us at 800.358.8228.
Outgoing Domestic Wire Transfers
Please fill out the domestic outgoing wire transfer form and then fax it to 925.847.1977 along with a legible scan of your valid driver's license or other government-issued ID such as a passport.
Outgoing International Wire Transfers
Patelco does not offer international outgoing wire Transfers. As a safe and fast alternative, check out our partner Xoom™.
With Xoom™, you can send money to over 60 countries around the globe. Visit xoom.com or call 877.815.1531 for more information.
Account number formats
When using wire transfer forms, remember to use the correct account number formats to ensure proper delivery.
For Checking accounts, Money Market accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), the proper account number format is 14 digits long, beginning with 746. Your account number can be found at the bottom of your check, or by clicking or tapping on your account in Patelco Online™ and then selecting the Account Details tab.
For example, checking account 12345-10 should be listed as 74600001234510 on any forms (because it’s 746 + 0000 + member number 12345 + suffix 10).
For all types of Savings accounts (except HSAs), the proper account number format includes only the account number and suffix, which must be separated by a dash.
For example, the correct format for savings account 12345-00 is 12345-00 for forms.