Find the right home loan for you
Answer a few quick questions to see the type of loan that's best for you.
Fixed rate mortgage
When you're ready to stay awhile
- For those who are on a fixed income, plan to live in their home for a long time and do not expect to refinance
- Interest rate and payments fixed for the life of the loan
- Low down payment option (as low as 3%)
- 10, 15, 20, 30 year terms available
- Borrow up to $2.5 million
- Check today's fixed mortgage rates
Adjustable rate mortgage (ARM)
Flexibility and up front savings
- Lower initial interest rate and payments than a fixed rate loan, improving your cash flow when you first move in.
- Fixed rate for an initial period of time: 5, 7, or 10 years
- Interest rate adjusts after the initial fixed period
- Interest rate caps during adjustments and the life of loan
- Borrow up to $2.5 million
- Check today's adjustable mortgage rates
Refinance your loan
Options to fit your needs
- Lower your monthly payment, take cash out from your home equity or pay off your loan sooner
- 10, 15, 20, 30 years terms available
- Variety of options including fixed and adjustable loans
- Dedicated loan servicing throughout the life of your loan
- See today's mortgage rates
Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) home loan
Available to veterans, reservists and active-duty personnel
- No down payment or cash reserves required⁴
- No application fee
- No monthly mortgage insurance premium
- Flexible credit and qualification requirements
- Seller credits available to cover closing costs
Low down payment options
Making home ownership more affordable
- Buy a home with 3% down and no closing costs⁵
- 3.5% down Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans with flexible credit and income requirements for first time buyers
- 5% down on loans up to $1 million⁶
- 10% down on loans up to $2 million
- Local experts who understand the market and will work with your real estate agents to get you into your home quickly
- Check today's mortgage rates
How much home can I afford?
Should I Refinance?
See if refinancing makes sense for you. Check out the calculator.
Happy homeowner stories
"The time elapsed between opening escrow and the final loan approval was just over 2 weeks! "K.R. ,
Member since 2011
HELPING DREAMS COME TRUE
"We were ready to downsize and wanted to be pre-approved. You were helpful and efficient in finding our dream property quickly."L.M.,
Member since 2005
YOUR BEST INTEREST
"Fast, competent, reliable, and friendly service. Excellent interest rates that I have never seen beaten."D.A.,
Member since 2012
Take the next step towards home ownership
- APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate shown at 80% loan-to-value (LTV) and does not include any applicable closing costs or fees. Your rate may be different than what is shown. Please use the Rate Calculator on our application page to get a better estimate for your scenario.
- Closing date must be no less than 18 days from the application date and on the original purchase contract. 18-day closing guarantee valid only on 1st mortgage owner-occupied purchase transactions (closed and funded by Patelco) with an existing and fully underwritten loan approval. Approval must be issued by Patelco in advance and dated before the purchase contract application date. For 1st mortgage owner-occupied purchase transactions without an underwriting approval issued in advance of the purchase contract application date, a 28-day closing guarantee will apply. Other terms and conditions apply, for details and restrictions contact a Patelco Home Loan Consultant. Not a lending guarantee.
- Equity Builder is a bi-weekly payment option for specific Patelco mortgage products. Bi-weekly payment option offers reduced number of years for early loan pay-off date and reduced interest paid depends on loan amount, interest rates, and every two weeks or weekly payment plan start time. Talk to a Patelco Home Loan Consultant for details.
- Up to 100% financing (based on VA lending limits) may be available for purchase loans and up to 90% for cash-out refinances. Gift funds or bond programs for closing cost assistance are allowed. Not available in Texas. Rates, terms, conditions, and availability are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and without notice. Nothing herein is or should be interpreted as an offer or commitment to lend. Loans are subject to credit and property approval. Other conditions and restrictions may apply. Hazard insurance may be required.
- Closing costs fees covered include applicable title, escrow and recording cost fees and will appear on the Closing Disclosure. The appraisal and credit report fee will be paid up-front by the member and reimbursed at closing. Hazard Insurance, Taxes, HOA fees, Purchase Owner’s Policy and Transfer Tax are not covered by Patelco. At least one borrower is a first-time home buyer (had no ownership interest in a property in the last three years). Applicable on the purchase of a single family residence and 30 year fixed conforming loans with minimum 740 FICO.
- Eligible for loans over $510,400.00 loan amount and 95% loan-to-value (LTV) available on 15 and 30 year fixed jumbo mortgages only. Loans over 80% LTV require mortgage insurance (except for 10% down “combo loans” up to $2 million, which are only available in CA).
- The HomeAdvantage program is made available to you through a relationship between Patelco Credit Union and CU Realty Services. Program rebates are awarded by CU Realty Services to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage network of approved realtors. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for the rebate if they use an agent outside this network. Using your credit union for a mortgage is not a requirement to earn a rebate. Rebate amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the agent. Patelco may have specific rules on how your rebate will be paid out. Rebate incentives are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by the lender.
- Insurance products are not deposits of Patelco Credit Union and are not insured by the NCUA. They are not guaranteed by Patelco Credit Union and may be subject to risk. Any insurance required as a condition of an extension of credit by Patelco Credit Union need not be purchased from Patelco Insurance Services and may be purchased from an agent or an insurance company of the member's choice. Patelco Insurance Services is a subsidiary of Patelco Credit Union. Insurance products offered by Patelco Insurance Services, a California insurance agency (License #0C97544). Any complaints may be filed with the California Department of Insurance.
Rates, terms, conditions, and availability are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and without notice. Nothing herein is or should be interpreted as an offer or commitment to lend. Loans are subject to credit and property approval. Other conditions and restrictions may apply. Hazard insurance may be required. NMLS ID Number is 506373.