Financial hardship assistance
Auto loans, signature loans, credit card or line of credit
Having trouble making loan or credit card payments? We're here to help. Some options can include:
- Establishing a repayment plan
- Deferring up to two payments
- Modifying monthly payment
Call us for help: 800.358.8228, ext. 7145
Mortgage hardship assistance options
We understand how important your home is to you. Here are some options to consider to get through this difficult period.
Repayment plan: The borrower agrees to repay the past due amount and current payments together over an extended timeframe, and catch up on the loan.
Recapitalization plan: The past due balance (principal and interest) is added to the current balance. This total amount is re-amortized and split into payments over the remaining original loan term.
Loan modification: Any loan changes that make the loan more affordable, such as a lower interest rate or longer term date.
Short sale: Sell your home, when you owe more than its value, to pay off a portion of your mortgage balance.
Deed in lieu of foreclosure: The transfer of ownership to Patelco. This eliminates the debt and avoids foreclosure.
Fannie Mae customers: Your loan may have additional assistance options.
Steps you can take if you are having trouble making your mortgage payments
Did you apply for a loan modification?
How to check the status or appeal your results
- For questions about your loan modification, call 800.358.8228, ext. 3999 or email us.
- Appeal a modification decision by calling 800.358.8228, ext. 3999 or email us a summary of your appeal.
- An appeals manager will be assigned to your case within three business days and provide you with a case reference ID and a resolution date.
- Appeals are typically resolved in 15 days. Some cases may extend to 30 days. Your case manager will notify you of any extension.
- If we don't meet these timelines, we'd like to know. Contact us at 800.358.8228, ext. 3999 or by email.
Other important contacts for tackling your financial challenges
Consumer Loans Support
Credit counseling services
Free financial counseling from HUD
HUD housing counseling
Loan Mitigation Specialist
800.358.8228, ext. 3999
800.358.8228, ext. 3887