How we protect you
We choose and actively develop technology to bring you a member experience that's both secure and accessible.
Protecting your privacy
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to safeguarding your personal information. Read our Federal Privacy Notice and California Privacy Notice to learn how we use and protect your information.
If any of our information policies change we will contact you by mail about it and with at least 30 days' notice.
Children's online privacy
We encourage children to begin learning about money management at an early age and we also have their online security in mind. We offer savings accounts for children 0 - 12, and Youth Checking accounts for children 13 - 17.
Children 13 and older may register for an online banking account. We don't allow children under 13 to open checking accounts or use online banking. This policy supports the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Have more questions about our privacy practices? Send us a secure message in Patelco Online™ or call us at 800.358.8228.
Credit and debit card guarantee
We're actively monitoring card activity and may block suspicious transactions. If a fraudulent purchase is made with your card, our Zero Liability Policy ensures full credit, as long as you let us know within 60 days. We'll credit your account promptly after our investigation determines you experienced a fraudulent transaction.
We may also text, call, or email you if we see a suspicious transaction, so you can tell us if it was really you making the purchase. Learn more about text alerts.
Mobile and online security
We use the most advanced technology to keep our members' accounts secure online. Your Patelco Online™ account is encrypted, so any information you provide is securely transmitted as code--extremely difficult to hack. If we detect unusual activity for your account, or a login attempt from an unknown location or computer, we may ask for additional verification.
How you can protect yourself
You work hard for your money. That's why we work around the clock to keep it safe. You too play a role in protecting yourself. We recommend familiarizing yourself with the following best practices and tips to keep your money and identity safe.
Guard your information
Six easy tips to keep your accounts free from fraud
- Never share your ATM/Debit PIN, account or account numbers, User ID or password. We'll never contact you by phone, email or text to ask for this information.
- Store your personal financial information (cards, statements, blank checks in a safe and secure place.
- Keep your contact information up to date in Patelco Online™ so we can quickly contact you if there's suspicious activity.
- Sign up for alerts in Patelco Online™ and check your account regularly.
- Choose eStatements in Patelco Online™ to prevent mail theft.
Unsure about a communication you've received? Send us a secure message in Patelco Online™ or give us a call at 800.358.8228 before responding to it.
More security tips
Credit and debit cards
- First, follow the easy tips above.
- Sign your new cards immediately.
- Review your statements and transactions regularly.
- Report any loss or theft immediately.
- Treat your cards like cash.
- Never carry your PIN number with you or tell it to anyone else.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Check that the ATM has a surveillance camera and is well lit.
- If the ATM area has a door, close it behind you and don't allow anyone else in.
- Cover the ATM keypad while entering your PIN.
- Put your card and cash away before leaving the ATM.
- Don't use ATM machines that look altered or unusual.
- Report any alterations and anything unusual looking to the retail location.
Text message scams
Text message phishing scams are becoming more common. Scammers may send texts claiming to be Patelco in the hopes of stealing account information. While Patelco may send you text alerts, we will never ask for personal information like your PIN, card number, account number, or User ID. If you receive a message asking for account details, don't respond to it, and contact us to report the incident.
Online and mobile security
Your Patelco Online™ accounts are protected by encryption, with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, meaning your data is transmitted via code, making it unreadable and almost impossible to hack, whether you're on a desktop computer, mobile browser or app.
What you can do to keep yourself safe:
- Keep your browser software current so it supports the latest security updates.
- Never share your online or mobile banking credentials with anyone other than joint owners on the account you'd like to give access to.
- Use an up-to-date operating system for the same reason.
- Be cautious of email links and attachments, which could be used to install software that steals your personal information - including passwords.
- Never send confidential information over email. If you need to send sensitive information, send us a secure message in Patelco Online™.
Check if my browser is up-to-date for Patelco Online™ >