Get rewarded for on-time payments.
As our members make strides on improving their credit and paying down loans, we want to be there as your partner. For members that don’t qualify for our best loan rates, we offer this special opportunity as your credit improves.
By simply paying your car loan or personal loan on time and consistently, we’ll automatically lower rates up to 0.50% each year. These rate reductions can reduce the amount of interest charged, pay the principal loan balance faster and save you money over the life of your loan.
How it works
- There’s no need to enroll. If your loan qualifies for LevelUp, you’ll automatically be enrolled.
- Make 12 consecutive, on-time monthly payments and your rate will be reduced up to 0.50% APR1 per year for a maximum reduction of 1.50% APR
- Enjoy up to three rate reductions over the life of the loan
- The total amount your rate can be reduced depends on the floor rate1 at the time of funding
- Your monthly payment remains the same with the LevelUp interest rate reductions, but you’ll save money overall by paying less toward interest
The LevelUp discount is tied to making on-time payments, so should you make a late payment, use our "Skip a Pay" feature, or defer a payment due to financial hardship, your progress is reset and you must complete 12 additional consecutive, on-time monthly payments to receive your next rate reduction. If you are late with two payments, you will be ineligible for any further LevelUp discounts.
Check out these eligible loans
1 LevelUp (formerly the Timely Repayment Incentive Program aka TRIP) is offered to members who are approved for the following loans at Patelco's credit tier 2 or higher: auto, motorcycle, RV, boat, and personal loans, excluding all lines of credit. Total discount of up to 1.50% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) applied in 0.50% APR increments for every 12 consecutive on-time monthly payments. Maximum discount will never cause the final APR to be lower than the LevelUp floor rate for the specific loan and term at time of funding. Monthly payment amount remains constant, with additional money going toward principal, which shortens the term of the loan and the total amount paid over the life of the loan.