Membership is free at Patelco Credit Union.
Interested in our our industry-leading financial products and services? It is easy to determine if you are eligible for a Patelco membership. While the large majority of Patelco members live, work, or worship in the California towns where Patelco has a major presence, members can join from all over the country. This is made possible by our partnerships with thousands of companies and the Community Association for Engaging Youth (CAFE-Y). See below for ways you might be eligible for a Patelco membership. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- You live in a community charter county: A community charter allows you to join if you live or regularly work in one of these California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma.
- You regularly live, work, or worship in these California cities:
Alameda, Alamo, Antelope, Antioch, Atherton, Atwater, Albany, American Canyon, Bakersfield, Bay Point, Belmont, Benicia. Berkeley, Blackhawk, Brentwood, Brisbane, Burlingame, Calistoga, Campbell, Carmichael, Castro Valley, Citrus Heights, Clayton, Cloverdale, Colma, Concord, Corte Madera, Cotati, Crockett, Cupertino, Daly City, Danville, Diablo, Discovery Bay, Dixon, Dublin, East Palo Alto, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Elk Grove, Elverta, Emerisa Gardens, Emeryville, Eureka, Fairfax, Fairfield, Fair Oaks, Folsom, Foster City, Fremont, Galt, Geyserville, Gilroy, Glen Ellen, Gold River, Greenbrae, Guerneville, Half Moon Bay, Hayward, Herald, Healdsburg, Hercules, Hillsborough, Kensington, Kentfield, Kenwood, Lafayette, Laguna, Larkspur, Livermore, Los Altos, Los Banos, Los Gatos, Martinez, McKinleyville, Menlo Park, Mill Valley, Millbrae, Milpitas, Monte Rio, Monte Sereno, Moraga, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Napa, Newark, North Highlands, Novato, Oakland, Oakley, Occidental, Orangevale, Orinda, Pacheco, Pacifica, Palo Alto, Penngrove, Petaluma, Piedmont, Pinole, Pittsburg, Pleasanton, Pleasant Hill, Portola Valley, Rancho Cordova, Rancho Murrieta, Redwood City, Richmond, Rio Linda, Rio Vista, Rocklin, Rodeo, Rohnert Park, Roseville, Rutherford, San Francisco, Sacramento, Saint Helena, San Anselmo, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Geronimo, San Jose, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, San Martin, San Mateo, San Pablo, San Rafael, San Ramon, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, Saratoga, Sebastopol, Sonoma, South San Francisco, Suisun City, Sunnyvale, Tiburon, Tracy, Union City, Vacaville, Vallejo, Walnut Creek, Walnut Grove, West Sacramento, Wilton, Windsor, and Yountville.
- You are an employee or pensioner of one of the 1100+ companies (including AT&T and Walgreens), associations, trade groups, chambers of commerce, or federal government agencies served by Patelco Credit Union.
- You are a student of the University of California Berkeley, San Francisco State University, or California State University East Bay.
- You are a member of the San Francisco State University Alumni Association or the California State University East Bay Alumni Association.
- Community Association for Engaging Youth (CAFE-Y) CAFE-Y is an association of youth and adults working together to promote youth-driven community involvement as a vital force for social change. It is a support network for youth-adult teams that perform community service together all across California. Membership is open to anyone with a desire to make a difference and give back. Because YLI has a Select Employer Group (SEG) relationship with Patelco, any member of their group can join Patelco. To learn more about Community Association for Engaging Youth (CAFE-Y), please visit the YLI website.
- You are a minor child or surviving spouse of a deceased employee or pensioner eligible for membership.
- You are a family member or roommate of an existing Patelco member. You will need their name and account number when you apply.
- You are a civilian employee of the United States government and work in or are headquartered in San Francisco.