Online and Mobile Banking is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
When you provide your information to us online it is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This cutting edge technology encrypts your account information as it moves between your computer’s browser and Patelco’s computer systems, making it nearly impossible for anyone other than Patelco and yourself to read it, protecting the safety and confidentiality of your information when you bank with us online. These protections include, but are not limited to:
If there is not activity detected after 10 minutes of your signing into Online Banking, we will automatically sign you out.
- We use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), an enhanced log in security process. When you login to Online Banking, in addition to entering in your User ID and Password you be required to enter an access code, (sent to you by email, text message, or automated telephone call), before proceeding to Online Banking.
- We recommend changing your password every six (6) months to avoid fraud. In addition to changing your password, Patelco also gives you the ability to change your User ID. In the interest of security, make sure to pick something that’s easy to remember but hard for others to guess and do not pick a User ID or password that you have used on another site.
- Patelco also protects you 24-hours a day with a powerful firewall that prevents anyone, other than yourself or your designated users from gaining access to authorized information. Your computer and web browser must know the proper language/protocol inorder to gain access.
- All information exchanged between you and Patelco, via your computer system is encrypted. Patelco uses the industry standard encryption technology available today, in order to ensure that your financial information is secure.
- While you are logged into our system a 256-bit encryption translates your information into a coded sequence with an infinite amount of variations, making it nearly impossible for anyone other than yourself to access your financial information.
- When you see the “closed lock” icon in your browser (on the right hand side) you will know that encryption is being used on any webpage you are viewing.
- Your privacy and security are protected by our Online & Mobile Banking Security Guarantee.
- Account information is not stored on your phone.
- Mobile Banking uses end-to-end SSL (Secure Socket Layer) based security.