Earn interest with the terms that work for you.
Whether you're new to savings and investments or you've already built a solid portfolio, we have everything you need--from experienced CFS1 Financial Advisors at Patelco who can discuss all your savings and investment options to easy-to-open Certificates.
Anyone can benefit from the safe, secure earning potential of one of our Certificates, which include:
- Competitive dividend rates
- Compounded dividends paid monthly2
- Automatic renewal at maturity
- Federal Deposit Insurance through NCUA
See Rates & Terms
Join Patelco and take advantage of a Certificate that pays.
At Patelco, we recognize that when it comes to Certificates the market is full of choices – That's why we reward our new members for their business by offering an exclusive Certificate with an exceptionally high rate. One of the safest investments you could ever make, this option is ideal for anyone with $1,000 to invest in the short term. It's also for someone who wants to rest easy knowing the security of their funds isn't vulnerable to economic ups and downs.
The New Member Certificate offers:
- 5.00 APY / 4.89 Rate3
- 12-month term
- $1,000 maximum
- $1,000 minimum opening balance
- Available for new members only and account must be opened within 10 days of your established membership - Has it been more than 10 days? Speak with a CFS1 Financial Advisor for other options!
Choose your savings--short-term growth or long-term higher yield.
A traditional Certificate is an insured investment vehicle with a range of terms to suit your financial needs. If you're able to set aside funds for as little as 3 months or as much as 60 months, our Certificates allow you to earn interest for the term that works best for your financial goals.
Our Traditional Certificates offer:
- 0.10% - 1.50 APY / 0.10% - 1.49 Rate4
- 3 - 60 month terms
- $1,000 minimum deposit
- An insured investment
The term you choose is up to you.
See Rates & Terms
Try a tax-deferred5 option and a lower minimum deposit.
We also offer Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Certificates (Traditional and Roth IRA) and Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) Certificates. These are similar to our Traditional Certificates but they have the extra advantage of possibly being tax-deferred (depending on your financial situation), being available for 3 – 60 month terms, and having a lower minimum deposit of $500.
You can get an IRA as a Certificate, a money market account, or you can choose a different investment vehicle. Consult a CFS1 Financial Advisor that serves your local branch to review your options for Certificates, Retirement Accounts, and other investment options.
Learn More About IRAs
See Rates & Terms
- Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Patelco Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
- For Certificates with terms 12 months or greater; otherwise dividends are compounded and paid at maturity. There is a penalty for early withdrawal for all Certificates. Please see the Certificate Accounts section in the Member Handbook. Terms and conditions vary by account.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yield (APY), effective February 27, 2014, are subject to change at any time. Minimum deposit is $1,000, maximum deposit is $1,000. Rate is 4.89%. Term is 12 months. At maturity the certificate will renew at Patelco's current yield for a regular 12-23 Month Certificate. Penalty for early withdrawal. Available for a limited time. Funds deposited to this account must come from an institution other than Patelco. Account available to new members only – must open a new membership. One certificate per member. Account must be opened within 10 days of your established membership.
- APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yield (APY), effective 3/7/2014, are subject to change at any time.
- For specific tax advice, please consult a qualified tax professional.