Anywhere Deposit is an innovative service that allows you to deposit checks directly into your account(s) using a Patelco mobile app on your Android® or iPhone®. Refer to our FAQs below for guidelines on how to set up and use Anywhere Deposit for our mobile apps.
There are currently four basic qualifications to use Anywhere Deposit. To use the service, you must:
- Meet credit requirements
- Have been a member for more than 30 days
- Have an iPhone® or Android® device
- Be registered for Online Banking
To use Anywhere Deposit, you need:
- An iPhone® with Apple® iOS, version 4.2 or later
- An Android® with Android® OS, version 2.3 or later
- The Patelco mobile app from either the Apple Store or Google Play Market
- To be registered as an Online Banking user (To register, visit patelco.org/onlinebanking and create an Online Banking user ID and password)
To use Anywhere Deposit, log into the Patelco mobile app on your Android® or iPhone® and:
- Select "Mobile Deposit"
- Select the account into which you'd like to deposit your check
- Enter the dollar amount of the check
- Capture an image of the front and back of the check
- Select "Make Deposit" to confirm your deposit
- Keep the original check for 90 days as proof of your transaction
- Repeat this process for any additional deposit items
Once you are a registered user, navigate to "Mobile Deposit" and follow the prompts.
Yes, Mobile Banking and Anywhere Deposit is a secure encrypted environment, and all transactions and inquiries made are safe once you log in with your unique User ID and password. These additional security precautions will be taken during your first login:
- You will be asked to authenticate your mobile device
- A four-digit security code will be sent to you via text or email
- You will enter the code provided for a second level of authentication
Anywhere Deposit may not be available for your account if:
- You have not been a member for more than 30 days
- You are not registered for Online Banking
- Deposit restrictions exist on your account
- Current or previous collections exist on your account
- Your FICO score is lower than 640 (You do not meet certain credit criteria)
You can use Anywhere Deposit Mobile to deposit original paper checks payable to:
- You (the payee)
- Cash (the payee)
- Patelco Credit Union
The following items cannot be deposited using Anywhere Deposit:
- Foreign currency
- Cash (bills )
- Savings bonds
- Checks payable to a third party
- Substitute checks (i.e., checks created from an electronic image)
- Checks that are irregular in any way (e.g., checks with mismatched numeric and written amounts)
- Checks that have previously been returned unpaid for any reason
- Checks that are “stale dated” (older than 6 months)
- Checks drawn on a foreign Credit Union or payable in a foreign currency
To verify that the deposit was successful:
- Log into Online Banking
- Select “Accounts”
- Select the account used for the deposit
- Review your account details for the deposit amount (Most deposits will post immediately)
If your check isn’t scanned correctly, your check could be rejected for the following reasons:
- The MICR line may not be clear and within the viewer guides
- The check amount could not be read
- The check number could not be read
- The check date could not be read
- The front signature was not detected or is missing
- The account number, routing number or other check data could not be read
- The routing number is invalid
- The check was not endorsed
To make sure your check details are read:
- Place the check on a dark, flat surface free of other documents or paperwork
- Ensure that the front and back image of each check fits within the borders of the screen
- Be sure the MICR line is fully visible
- Make sure there is space between the MICR line and the edge of the image
Yes, prior to finalizing the deposit you will have an opportunity to retake the image front and back or cancel the deposit.
No, deposits can only be made into eligible savings and checking accounts. However, once a deposit is made into your savings or checking account, you can transfer the funds to your loan or credit card account.
There is no cut-off time for depositing checks through Anywhere Deposit. However, if you deposit your check after 6:00 p.m. PST, the check will be processed the following business day.
Yes, there is a max calendar day limit of $10,000.
Patelco’s standard check hold policy applies to deposits made using Anywhere Deposit. See your Member Handbook (PDF) for check hold guidelines.
After depositing a check using Anywhere Deposit, attach a note to the check that you have deposited it via Anywhere Deposit Mobile and file it away. We recommend that you retain the check for 90 days for your records and dispose of it after that time.
Call 800.358.8228 or send us an email and a team member will review your account to see if you’re eligible to use the service and advise you of the decision.
If you have any problems, call 800.358.8228. A member of our Technical Support team will assist you during normal business hours. If sending an email through our site, we will respond to you within one business day.
iPhone®,iPod®, and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
GOOGLE and Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Android® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Please note: Mobile Banking from Patelco is free, but you may incur mobile internet/data charges from your carrier/service plan. Please check with your carrier and service plan on specific charges.